Myths and truths about data: how to build trust in your clients
Juan Sebastian Guisao
Let´s start with an important premise: In the presence of two products or services with similar characteristics, user will choose the one that he already knows or trusts the most.
Because of that, build trust in your clients is vital for your business. In order to identify the level of trust that you transmit to your final users, try to put yourself in their shoes by answering the following questions:
- Would you buy a product or service from a supplier who you do not know at all?
- Have you ever abandoned a purchase intention after sensing that a company´s social media does not build trust?
- Have you ever surfed through web sites that look suspicious, have failures, present server downtime or do not reflect the warmness of a team work?
When your final clients consult about your business trajectory, surf through your website, or check your social media comments, it is very likely that they feel the same you are feeling now while answering these questions.
But, how can you shift those feelings and build trust in your clients?
Work on that is quite simple, although an unbreakable commitment is necessary, mainly because you must keep constantly fueling every one of the following sections we are about to mention:
- Social evidence:
- Testimonials: real and natural, ideally reflecting a high level of work together with the client. Avoid saturating your website or social media with this kind of content, because it may create the sensation that your brand is in need of attention from the final user.
- Names of the clients: ask your clients for authorization to publish their logos at your website or to tell some cases of success.
- Industry and professional evidence:
- Credentials: Publish prizes, acknowledgments and certificates that your brand has achieved in your social media and web page. This helps to validate your recognition in the industry your busines is part of.
- Evidence: Seeing is believing for many clients, especially if your service or product is an innovation in the market.
Try to give some free samples or demos so your users be able to interact and validate the effectiveness of what you are offering.
- Referential evidence:
- Data: Using statistical data and some important insights helps to validate your experience. Also, you may rely on what is known as “borrowed credibility” which is about using other entities´ data that are a reference for your economic environment. Just be sure to respect copyright when properly mentioning your source.
Which are the benefits of building trust in your clients?
Each one of the above-mentioned aspects will support you in building and nurturing trust in your clients, and all that will make the creation of communities around your products or services easier, in which:
- Clients will be able to communicate their real needs so you always have the best offering.
- Clients will be more honest regarding what they really want, how much are they able to pay and which is the best time for buying.
- Clients will hear your offer, will investigate it and finally, will buy it.
Myth: Do data help to build trust?
The answer is Yes, therefore it is not really a myth. For both, your clients and your organization, information is the base of any conversion that will allow you to bring clients and build loyalty.
In a current context such as today´s, where our life flows among digital media, allowing your clients to access to important information about your business helps to increase the brand confidence.
Remember: you expect that client communities communicate, be honest and listen, so your clients also look for providers who present the same characteristics.
Likewise, analyzing data might build trust with your clients, as much as give that data back to them.
Begin analyzing your website and social media, for that you may tag your page in order to identify your users´ internet navigation flow through your portal so you will be able to spot churn or interest rates.
Also, you may rely on HR reports to define the scope of your publications and the interaction ratio, and so, reconsider your strategies to reinforce your bonds with your final users.
Truth: Your platform security increases your clients trust
Do you remember that at the beginning of this article we asked you about the websites you have surfed through and have looked suspicious for you?
Well, here, security plays a vital role, not only for avoiding attacks to your portal that may harm your company´s image, but also protecting your clients´ information.
Do not forget that your users may leave some data on your forms when doing any kind of transactions and that information may be vulnerable to cyberattacks.
To increase your website safety, you may:
- Download here some very important tips to avoid DDoS attacks that may put your company reputation and security in risk.
- Read our article about Good cybersecurity practices for companies
- Identify, by using practical examples, the importance of cybersecurity
InterNexa can help you to increase your brand trust levels
We have a portfolio that will help you to create client communities for your products or services, that portfolio is always starting from a digital tool ecosystem for your business with the highest security level.
Make sure that your services be always on, the information be safely kept and that your business owns the most appropriate safety barriers for the digital now.
Juan Sebastian Guisao
Information security specialist and knowledge in security in data networks and defense in depth through the administration and implementation of tools, expert in perimeter and end station security management solutions. Management of IT Security services and solutions, customer-oriented services, project management with IT security analyst functions.